Monday, September 14, 2009

Interviews

This weeks exercise was to conduct some interviews to develop a greater knowledge in both their purpose and also their intricacies. Through first hand knowledge of experiencing interviewing we got a greater understanding of what question to ask, what questions not to ask and most importantly, how to word a question to get the response we want. By this I don't mean coerce the interviewee into saying what we want, but more define whether an answer is quantitative, if we want it to be, or qualitative, if we need it to be.

In these interviews I decided to ask a few questions on how P2P file sharing impacts on both the distribution of music and how we gain access to music.

You can have a listen to the interviews here:

Interview 1:




Interview 2:




I found it interesting how P2P filesharing, across both interviewees, increased their access to types of music they wouldn't usually listen to, and ultimately increased their interest in music.

I also found it interesting that Emma stated she liked to listen to music directly off youtube. I found this to be a shift, even further than P2P filesharing, to put the access and consumption of music even further out of the record companies hands.

Lessons learned:
I feel some of my questions could have been worded a little better to probe a longer and more qualitative response. I also think if asked in a different order, it would have created a better flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment